The Cruickshank Centre’s bright, comfortable, Dining room can accommodate up to 90 people for a variety of functions. Birthdays, Anniversary’s, Bridal or Baby Showers, Special Occasion Family Events, Funeral Receptions etc. We have a fully equipped kitchen for preparation or you may use your own caterer. Please call the Recreation Coordinator for a tour and additional information @ 519-862-1628.
Rental Policies & Fees
1. All bookings must be taken through the Recreation Coordinator and are confirmed with the completion of a Rental Agreement Contract and a $50.00 deposit. The balance of the Rental Fee will be required within a week after the Rental Event. A Representative of the Rental Party must be available to meet with the Recreation Coordinator prior to the Rental Event to be made familiar with the facilities and learn how to operate any required equipment (eg. coffee maker etc.).
2. Fees are dependent upon the areas utilized, time of the week, and the number of people attending the event. The Hall Rental includes the Dining Room, Lounge and Kitchenette.
3. Coffee and Tea are supplied and covered as part of the Rental Fee which also includes supplies such as cups, sugar, and stir sticks. The renter will be responsible for suppling milk or cream.
4. The Renter shall assume responsibility for all furniture, music/video/entertainment equipment, sound system, organ and piano for the period of the rental. The Renter shall be financially responsible for damages incurred to any of this equipment during the rental time. If the Renter should requests the use of the television and it requires a technician to be called in to reprogram it after the rental event, the Renter will be financially responsible for this cost – $100.00.
5. Out of bounds areas include all Thompson Gardens Apartment hallways, laundry rooms and lower level rooms.
6. No Smoking or alcoholic beverages are allowed in the Cruickshank Centre. No Smoking is permitted within 9 meters of the outside of the building. No drinking or eating is permitted in the Lounge area.
7. All equipment and furniture must be returned to its’ original position (in Dining Room, Lounge and Kitchenette). The Coffee Maker must be turned off and coffee pots and filters rinsed. All garbage and recyclables must be taken to the main floor garbage room, near the south entrance, before leaving.